Visit the online Financial Self Assessment tool
Check your financial literacy
The key to a
The project aims to design, develop and offer to the young people, aged 19-29, an online training provision to support them in making informed and confident financial decisions as economic actors, producers, consumers, professionals, entrepreneurs, employees, considering that there is a direct positive relationship between financial literacy and the well-being of the individuals.
Financial literacy is a core life skill for participating in modern society. Young people are growing up in an increasingly complex world where they will eventually need to take charge of their financial future. Appropriate knowledge and skills to deal with non-economic crises, which first implicitly, but soon after, explicitly affect economic well-being, can address a metalevel of financial literacy, where a high level of understanding of how finances at the personal level function, would compensate more effectively.
- understand the workings of the financial context they live in
- understand the financial risks and the opportunities
- make rational and informed decisions (including entrepreneurial potential)
- know where they can get help for financial literacy
- be able to take effective actions to increase their well-being
FinFluencers foresees many activity areas towards its objectives, structured into four phases.
The project will start its actions by carrying out a comprehensive skills assessment and gap analysis of the primary target groups, i.e., young people aged up to 29 years. For this purpose, different tools will be exploited and implemented in Bulgaria, Portugal, Greece, and the Republic of North Macedonia, as for example country analysis, online survey, focus groups, qualitative interviews. Thereafter, an innovative Financial Literacy self-assessment tool will be developed, consisting of an online-based questionnaire and guidance methodology to assess, evaluate and interpret the financial literacy of a young person The project will continue by developing a set of digital training modules, content-wise to be deployed in an online learning environment. A training methodology will be developed to determine the scope of the training content, the structure of the training provision as responding to desired learning outcomes (PR1).
Know your finances is the next phase during which online training modules on financial literacy for the young people will be developed. To this aim, an online platform will be designed to host the training provision and all relevant functionalities (PR2).
Networks of Financial Influencers and Financial Literacy talks is the last project phase, which foresees building of financial influencers networks and young people training through literacy talks and mini coaching sessions (PR3). This activity aims to help young people manage their finances and raise awareness of the need for financial literacy under a specific methodology. The trainers will hold separate events at a national level through Financial Literacy Talks (i.e., informal group meetings in the form of chat clubs).
- An online financial literacy training provision for young people (19-29) (in five languages),
- Integrated testing/piloting sessions for the young in Bulgaria, Greece, Portugal, and the Republic of North Macedonia
- Learning cooperation and exchange,
- Creaton of the basis for the further development of a FinFluencers network and community to continuously involve young people
- The “Young Financial Influencer’s Guide“